Tuesday, April 28, 2009

THE DINNER AT SERI MELAYU

I was invited to dinner hosted by Dato' Seri Utama Dr. Rais Yatim not because I am a prominent and influential blogger. I was there, I think because I attended Language Institute together with Dr. Rais and he was my minister in 1980. His wife, Datin Masnah was once our artist at Radio Pendidikan in her bachelor days.

In spite of feeling under the weather I decided not to miss the event. I am glad I did not because I got to meet up with old bloggers like Pak Idrus and Capt Yusoff as well as the younger ones like Rocky, Noraina, Elvisa and Ruby. There were of course famous and inflential bloggers present such as Dato' Kadir Jasin, Nobisha, A Voice, Mahaguru and Syed of Outsyed The Box.

The food was good, the company, excellent. I got to pick the brain of Dato' Dr. Halim of MCMC who kindly volunteered to look into my phone line problem.

Pak Idrus giving Valentino and Dr. Halim his opinions.
My friend Capt.Yusoff with Syed.
Dato' Seri Utama Dr. Rais Yatim giving his speech.
I did not take that many pictures, being stoned by my medication most of the evening. I tool a lift home from Capt. Yusoff. I think the walk to to parking lot put a strain on my muscles that night and added more days to the recovery. But I think It was worth all the pain.